Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I think I have the perfect example of how screwed up health care is in Saskatchewan.

I fell on the stairs this morning. I slept most of the night on my couch. I logged off the computer at 11:00 with intentions of going to bed. I just wanted to stretch out for a few minutes before going downstairs. I didn't make it down to my bed until 5:30.

But I awoke on the couch, before heading downstairs. I was pretty groggy, which I wanted to keep, so that I'd get back under the veil. Consequently I didn't have all my faculties about me. Which means I didn't remember I had on my new bootie slippers, which like all new sock-like footwear, tends to be slippery.

So I fell down the stairs.

After some consultation with people in the know (thanks Irene) it was decided that I should get myself examined, just in case. I phone the local health clinic.

No appointments available today. I can phone to Quill Lake and see if they have any openings. I cut her off before she could ramble on much farther. I ask the pointed question, where should I go if I need an X-ray. Her response? Go to Quill Lake, and then be sent back to Watson for the X-ray.

WTF!?!?!

No comments: