Sunday, March 20, 2005

The internet really is a beautiful thing.

I've been checking every place I can think of, trying to find a copy of hockey for my Game Boy Advance. I really like the little toy but not surprisingly, as it comes from Nintendo, the roster of available games is a bit on the juvenile side. Now I'm as juvenile as any 30 year old you might find, but the standard Nintendo offerings weren't thrilling me, even 2/3 of my life ago.

So I went on eBay. I haven't done a lot of eBay shopping in my life, but the few occasions I've tried it, its worked out great. And for GameBoy game, its a safe attempt. The one I found was $10 US. I can afford to lose that much, if it doesn't go great.

I ordered before the movie I watched at 8:30. It was a 'Buy It Now' item, so I didn't have to wait for an auction close. By the time I came back online, all the confirmations had been sent, and the guy selling sent me a personal email to let me know my game would go out in the mail tomorrow.

Saskatchewan retail = 0, eBay = 1

No comments: