Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I would just like to go on the record, one more time, about how I hate Word and all things Microsoft.

What is wrong with this dam program!?! Maybe I'm crazy but what I want to do should NOT require all this screwing around.

I have a specification, that I wrote IN WORD. I formatted it nicely, the way I wanted it, so it had the look of a tabulated spec sheet. I had headings, and minor indents, to show features for each part, of a multi-part equipment specification. It looked exactly the way I wanted, and should have been ready for insertion into any document.

Word, in its infinite, god damn, wisdom, decided that this was all wrong. It removed the indents from some entries. It changed my font sizing and bold-facing. It screwed up my margins. And to truly cap off the experience, it dynamically changed my mind for me, when I tried to fix its damn mistakes.

I HATE MICROSOFT WORD!!!!!

No comments: