Saturday, June 11, 2005

I'm watching music videos here this morning. I've been on a quest for new music lately. The prodigious amount that I currently have simply is not filling my void for sound to fill my day. I'm trying MuchMusic for clues towards what to acquire.

I have a comment. Now its not exclusive to the genre, but it does provide the most common occurence. They write about half a song. As I've said, its not a general rule, but what is typically referred to as 'R&B' is the most common culprit. Every song has about two sets of verses. Then they loop the damn chorus about 96 times to fill up the time between 1 minute and the 3-1/2 minutes that constitute a radio/video-friendly song.

Shouldn't we demand a little more from these artists? Each song gets annoying quickly, because the repetition grates on the nerves.

Just a thought. Feel free to kick me in the head if I'm wrong.

No comments: