Saturday, June 25, 2005

There is a topic that does not often get the attention it deserves. In a world gone mad, when you can be exceeding the posted speed limit, and still be passed like you're standing still, the topic I am about to advance would not seem reasonable. My trip in from Watson should have borne out how the world should all slow down. However, that is not the basis of the suggestion I wish to present.

We all need to agree on a minimum speed limit.

I was being passed like a road sign on my drive in. Which I was going to blog about until I got to Circle Drive. Upon doing so, I was intercepted by this impossibly ignorant butt-wedge. I'm trying to merge into traffic, like you're supposed to do. And predictably, no one behaves like they should, and let me in. So there's a bit of drama getting into the lane. And now I'm behind a large truck who can not go fast off the line. So I signal and go into the left lane.

Well so do Joe Seventy Year Old. This IDIOT goes a whopping 60 kmh in the left lane. Nor can I go back in the right, because that's a solid line of traffic. So the whole endeavour is limited by the haul trucks and this jackass in his Buick.

Thus we need a minimum speed limit. If you're not willing to do 90% of the posted speed limit, then you need to stick to side streets. Otherwise you're a hazard to all that drive.

OFF THE ROAD SLOWPOKE!!!!!

No comments: