Saturday, September 24, 2005

Can someone please explain Wal-Mart to me?

I got up early today, so I could get my errands done before the 'horde' raised itself to begin its weekly binge of consumerism. I was stymied in my attempt by the fact that the first place I had to visit was not open until 10:00. So I couldn't get to Wal-Mart until after that.

And it was already a gong show.

What the hell is with people and this store? Its not so super good that you can't get the same, or similar, prices at half a dozen other places in the city. So why the mad flock to this accursed place? My purpose for going there was that they often have older video games on for cheap, and its about the only place I think of to start my search for an old game I wanted to buy. Otherwise I'd have not darkened its doors.

But why are there so many people there at 10:00 in the morning? Sure, they probably were doing like me, and trying to avoid the screaming horde, but in so doing, they became the screaming horde. I suppose its about saving money but the deals aren't taht good. They're good, no doubt, but not enough to justify what I witnessed.

Go to Zellers people. Go anywhere. Its just a store.

No comments: