Monday, January 09, 2006

I could stand to catch a break.

I refuse to get despondent about my lack of success lately but, things aren't going well. Today's fiasco came in two parts. On one hand I was trying to get my prized project, my special little undertaking, to operate the way I wanted it to. In the end I failed. It is going to work in a fashion, but not in the one I wanted. The modulating valve to control waste flow does NOT work and had to be abandoned. The variable frequency drive is not being signal controlled by the control system. My acid chemical pump is not connected, as I was unable to get the control system to vary the operating signal it was supposed to send to it. I'm missing a housing for a pH sensor, one of my pressure transducers is on backorder and I have no idea where my caustic pump currently is located. On top of that I still haven't had a chance to try and log the performance data from the system automatically.

Despite all of that I am keeping my spirits up.

Nonetheless, more personal issues are also going poorly. Someone at worked as me to attempt to get some concert tickets for them. Now I can do this, by asking a favor of a good friend. As he is a good friend, he made an effort to oblige. However, what neither of us anticipated was the over-eager-ness of the intended concert-goer. She has not been quite as quietly appreciative as we'd have liked and that's causing stress. Luckily the concert is soon so I hope we can weather the last of this storm.

Monday nights are rarely heart-warming. I take comfort in the warmth of the house I own. I find warmth in the contentment of a good job. I gather content from the family and friends that still reach out to contact me.

Good night all, and I wish that you find your own cheer as you face obstacles.

No comments: