Friday, April 21, 2006

I know they mean well, but don't you hate it when the kid that's pumping your gas cleans the windows, and does a really piss-poor job of it?

I was in the country today. That means, dirt roads, bugs, and all that goes with being off the highway grid. Consequently my truck was (and still is) a mess. I pulled into Wynyard and decided to stop for some gas. I didn't think anything of it when I left the kid at the Co-op to fill the tank. I was thirsty and needed to decide on what I wanted to drink.

Witness my consternation when I come back out and get in the truck after paying 113.9 cents a liter for my gas, and the front window is a smeared mess of bug gut remnants. I know he was just doing his job, and he certainly meant well by cleaning my windows. But if you're gonna do the job, can't you take the extra two seconds it takes to make sure that the job you do, is actually a good one. Driving right into the sun I did not need a smeared up mess of bug guts on the screen in front of me.

No comments: