Thursday, September 14, 2006

What in the hell is the deal with catering companies? I really don't understand how they can be this dense.

I attended a lunch meeting today. Its a tele-conference, with half the people in Saskatoon and the other half in Regina. We are meeting in the offices of an engineering company so obviously we need to send out to a caterer for the meal.

Its pretty standard fare. We get pre-packaged soup and a tray of finger sandwiches. I didn't do a count but there must have been a dozen of those triangular finger sandwiches that you can finish in three bites. I'm pretty hungry since I didn't have any breakfast today. I reach for a sandwich and what do I find?

Mustard! MUSTARD!!! Every single, god damn sandwich has mustard on it. Trust me, I checked, it was on each one.

What the hell is the deal with that? Why do they all have to have mustard on them? I hate mustard. It tastes like wet dog feces. And because I'm so god awfully hungry I have to eat one. Somehow managed to block out the flavor of camel piss concentrated into paste form. But the sandwich was consumed for sustenance and not for enjoyment.

And further more, if they do have to put mustard on every sandwich, why do they have to apply it with a spackle trowel? I've seen the stucco finish on houses that weren't as applied as thick.

Thank god I had a decent supper tonight. Otherwise it'd be tough to hear the TV over my grumbling stomach.

No comments: