Thursday, December 28, 2006

Man its depressing when you realize that something you started, and used to really like, has gone withered and sad with age.

I tried to price a computer for someone tonight. I was $800 for something that was really pretty basic. Meanwhile the Dell ads on TV promise to sell you a computer for $400. That's a huge gap.

It makes me want to give up. I used to like selling computers but how do you compare against that? I guess you just get out of the, low budget, computer market. We can still do alright on the power systems, where the person being quoted wants brand name parts. But the era of selling a computer to anyone appears to be over.

This makes me sad. Maybe it shouldn't but it does. I hate having to reflect on my existence.

If you need me I'll be in the corner, staring at the dot on the ceiling.

No comments: