Thursday, November 15, 2007

I think I'm done with Safeway.

I wanted to negotiate the relatively simple task of buying soap tonight. I started at London Drugs. I don't fault them at all. They had lots of soap and it was relatively easy to find. I went there first because I wanted to see how much this fancy, oatmeal soap was. I've used this oatmeal soap in hotels before and thought it was great. I found out that you could buy this Aveeno stuff and it had oatmeal in it. I thought I might buy some.

Not at $4.99 per BAR!

So I went to Safeway. I had to go there anyway, I decided, because I wanted to buy some spring rolls for supper. In hindsight I should have blown off the spring rolls, bought my soap at London Drugs, and called it a night. But I didn't and that was to my detriment.

How the hell can you not have bar soap? I mean honestly!! They had a VERY small selection of bar soap available. There were a few bulk packs of Ivory and again of Dove. That's it. No Irish Spring, no Lever 2000, just this pathetic little display of a couple of packages of this Dove and Ivory. I was looking for Zest, because I've decided that's 'my' brand, and I'm sticking with it whether I'm bored with the fragrances or not. (coming to that decision is a long story I won't bore you with)

So I walk up and down all the aisles in the general soap area and there's no bar soap. This is just retarded. A major grocery store and you can't even buy regular bath soap? I think that's insane. So I think I'm done with Safeway. I will give them another shot after the renovations are done but if the same lack of service and retarded prices continue, I'm going somewhere else. You can't reward incompetence.

No comments: