Saturday, May 31, 2008

I strongly recommend the new Pecan Chicken Salad Sandwich from Arby's. Its a little pricey at $5.49. But it was fresh, on real bread, with lots of flavor, including some distinct one's that I couldn't immediately place. Actually, the chicken in the sandwich was at best 50% of the bulk, and maybe less as there was crunchy vegetables and what I have to assume were the pecans. It bought it as an experiment and I found myself feeling delightfully impressed.

What was not impressive was the Arby's store from which I bought the sandwich. If you can at all help it, do NOT frequent the Arby's on Circle Drive. It was horrible. I don't want to go into a long narrative on why I was unimpressed so here are some bullet points about what went wrong:

- they had one cashier, she didn't seem to know what she was doing, and of the three orders I witnessed, she got them all wrong
- there was 5 employees, all girls, and none of them seemed capable of getting along with on another
- the manager was on the drive-thru window, and she appeared to be about 5 seconds away from apoplectic rage that would cause her to quit completely. I thought she might strike the cashier when she couldn't process my chicken salad sandwich properly
- the cashier told the man ahead of me that sour cream was extra but the person who brought it gave it to him for free. Not such a bad thing but you gotta hate the inconsistency
- I'm not sure they successfully processed a drive-thru order while I was in the store for 20 minutes. When the manager went to deliver a late drive-thru order, she dumped all the drinks on the floor trying to negotiate the door. When 5 groups in line she just left the mess on the floor and kept on going.

No comments: