Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I went to the Nine Inch Nails concert on Monday night. A lot could be said about how freakin' awesome that was. The show was great. The music was amazing but the lighting was beyond words. They did stuff with lights and screens that I couldn't believe. They rendered this image of a swamp at dusk, with water rippling; it was amazing.

I say all of that but unfortunately the enduring image in my head is from the opening act. Which would be unusual, because who remembers the opening band? Its been said before that I don't like to swear (too much) on my blog but,

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?!

First of all, I think 'The Bug' was actually just the DJ. At least that's the assumption that I've made. The skid mark was constantly sampling from his collection of 'world's most annoying sounds'. You wouldn't think there would be that many awful sounds, or that someone would take the time to compile them all in one place. Nevertheless, The Bug had the full collection, and I'm pretty sure he played them all for us. Twice. At full volume. With over-the-top amounts of bass. For Christ sake, the damn curtains were waving!

And can someone explain to me who the fuck that person singing was? I think The Bug was the DJ but was the person doing the singing just some drunk bastard that stumbled onto the stage? Christ was that annoying! I made a joke about The Bug being reggae rap; who knew I'd be so damn close! I was not in the mood for rastafarian rapping; leastways some that made no fucking sense.

I'm not usually one that campaigns for decency. I'm usually a pretty offensive person myself. But I can honestly say that I was hoping the police would step in, and put a stop to The Bug's performance, when that Jamaican poser started screaming about 'hardcore'. The only saving grace was that it was dark as ass in there during The Bug's show. I think I'd have gone dead inside if I could have made out what she was doing on stage, while she screamed at the top of her lungs about wanting it 'hardcore'.

No comments: