Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Why do some people not plan ahead? I support a plan as much as the next person but if you don't think it through, its really not that much of a plan.

I was invited to lunch today, by some fellow committee members on the association of engineers. They are both from Regina, and i had never met either of them. One called me on the phone to schedule the lunch meeting about a week ago.

They chose Earl's as the location for this meeting. There were no numbers exchanged, or plans made about what to do or when. The only direction provided is that the people from Regina would arrive by 11:45, at the latest, and those of us from Saskatoon could arrive later and meet at the restaurant.

One complication . . . Earl's won't identify your table in any way. So if you're Joe Smith, here to meet Becky Wannamaker, that's hard to cheese for you, unless you can pick her out of a police line-up. When you show up at Earl's, you're welcome to wander all over the restaurant looking for your party. But the incredibly vapid girls at the front will make no attempt to help you locate your table.

So I'm here at Earl's, to meet two people from Regina that I've never seen before. I have no contact number to phone a cell phone, and I can't find them in the restaurant by looking at faces. What to do? Well, I waited 25 minutes until quarter AFTER 12 for them to find me patiently waiting by the front door. That didn't happen so I blew out of there.

Next time, but a bit more thought into your damn plan!

No comments: