Thursday, February 07, 2013

The Daily Affirmation (2013-02-07)

The Daily Affirmation

Seven in the morning and I'm sitting in the hot tub.  They actually opened the poolside room doors at 5 AM but I'm probably the only person that knows that.  A few minutes before the "official" pool opening I go down to soak out the pounding sinus headache in my head.  I'm looking up at the stairs and this little boy, maybe 4 years old, bounds out the door to his room, mom in tow.  He's so excited.  I'm sure he's been bouncing around for ages, begging his mom to let him go swimming.  The little boy doesn't get to stay long.  Its too early for his mom, clearly, but gamely she takes the little guy to the pool.  He's so excited and the whole experience has him vibrating with joy.  To witness that moment of bliss in the goggled eyes of a boy so young and untouched by the spoils of the world was a moment of reclamation after a sleepless night.

No comments: