Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Daily Affirmation (2013-12-15)

The Daily Affirmation 

Sometimes the Daily Affirmation isn't as obvious as scoring a goal, winning a contract, or getting a smile from a girl that you like.  The little moments, that fill up our day, and delivery micro-bursts of pleasure, can themselves build up into a Daily Affirmation.

Today was a slow day, a very quiet day.  There wasn't much I had to do, nowhere I had to go, and nobody looking out for me.  In a word I had this day, to myself.  So I kept it light.  Breakfast was a McGriddle and a Coke - my most favourite breakfast for a weekend.  I came home from that, did some reading then replaced the order in my life by clearing the driveway of snow.  After that it was 4 solid hours of football.

Everything was building up to ball hockey in the evening.  I dashed out at 5:00 to fill up my truck with gas and get some Quiznos.  The girl at Quiznos appeared to be working alone so I felt like she appreciated that I came in to order something.  She made me a nice sandwich which I enjoyed greatly.

I may or may not have napped through the opening of the Sunday night game.  Nevertheless I was ready to go when it was time for ball hockey.  We played hard, but again we just didn't get any scoring.  That could be frustrating but I really felt like my effort was good in the game, even if I'd have to score myself a -2.  I was hard on the ball, made a couple of rushes and had 5 shots on net.  It was an atypically aggressive game for me.

And when it was over we grabbed some 7-11 treats and enjoyed a session in the hot tub, to soothe aches joints and muscles.  A day that started quietly, will end quietly.  In between were just the little things that all contribute to sense of . . . a good day.

No comments: