Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Daily Affirmation (2016-02-14)

The Daily Affirmation

I know we lost the game 6-0.  But I felt such a sense of gratitude to see us get a decent bench, with 10 runners come out to a game in prime time on Valentine's Day.  Then to have a guy who'd never even work goalie pads before, step up to play net for us, and the rest of the team rally around him, to limit shots and help him not get shelled.  We showed very little offensive push tonight, but our level of effort playing defence was outstanding, and it re-affirmed my faith in this team.

It was a lot of fun to play ball hockey and completely dominate the other team, resulting in a comfortable 5-2 win.  I didn't make any all-star teams based on my play last night, but I was solid, dependent and competent.  I felt good about the whole game.

No comments: