Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Greetings from Saskatoon!

Its been a weird day. Got up and went to work this morning, the same as usual. Got there and all hell broke loose.

Turns out I was going to a trade show. Pony up all the horses to get into Saskatoon for that.

Now everyone is interested in making Cowessess start before the end of next week. I hear nothing from no one for a month, now I'm supposed to be done. Whatever.

Tim pulled together a huge amount of info about the system in Ste. Rose Du Lac and wanted my time to talk about it. I did the best I could for him, but I was under the crunch for this trade show thing.

I had calls from the previous day to sort out, involving billing and repair work. That had to be summarized and presented to someone to phone about today.

Once the Cowessess ball was put into play, everyone needed to talk to me, about how it was all going to fit together. Meanwhile I'm being prodded to hurry up and go to Saskatoon for the trade show set up.

Finally I said screw it, and just left. As I drove I thought of more things that I was leaving unfinished, so as soon as I had cell coverage (thanks for the dead spots SaskTel) I made some calls to get other things arranged, in my absence.

Whew! I'm tired just typing it all. The show wraps up at 12:00 tomorrow, so with a little luck, I can be back in my seat of power before the end of the day. All to get more things accomplished.

If you need me, I'll be the guy getting oxygen at the end of the bench.

No comments: