Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I pull up to the drive-thru speaker at KFC/Taco Bell in Winnipeg tonight. I'm hot, tired and hungry like balls. All I want is something hot to eat, and something ice cold to drink, before I pass out like a stone on a crummy hotel bed.

Before I can think of anything pithy to say into the faceless automoton that is a drive-thru speaker, a perky young girl's voice chirps out at me.

'If you are here for chicken from KFC' (ever so slight pause for dramatic effect) 'we are out of chicken'

I was floored. Quite honestly floored. I came to a KFC/Taco Bell and the first thing they tell me is, they are out of chicken. Out of chicken!?! How does a chicken joint run out of chicken? You'd think the very first thing you do at the start of the KFC day is, ask yourself, do I have 16 tons of chicken on hand. I mean, its not like you can look at the menu board and say, I really don't think anyone will order chicken today.

No comments: