Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I have to tell this story . . .

I have to go to Future Shop after work to get my copy of Diablo III.  I tried Staples first but in typical fashion they have nothing useful.  Why do people shop at Staples anymore?  They never seem to have anything good, and anything they have is grotesquely overpriced.

Bygones.

So I pull into the Future Shop lot, which is not busy, for which I was thankful.  I find a parking spot immediately and am about to pull in.  This old-ish truck comes careening into the lot from the other direction, piloted by one teenage-ish-looking kid, and his two buddies.  I am not harping on his age, I would like to point out, but the fact that he was driving like a drunk squirrel on 6 shots of espresso.

Bygones.

Not surprisingly he cuts me off to the parking spot I was going to take.  I anticipated this and just sat there, waiting for him to finish annihilating all known traffic rules.  With him out of the way I pulled into my spot.  From this vantage point I watched as the truck pulls OUT of a perfectly acceptable parking spot, with space on either side of it so no one has to worry about scratching doors.  He then pulls across the aisle, and with obvious intent, park directly across the line separating two parking spots.

Keep in mind a few things:

1.  The truck is a pile of crap.  I wouldn't pay someone to drink the ugly-ass thing.
2.  The lot is, at BEST, half full, so there's really no concern that someone is going to park next to you, and scratch your pile of crap.
3.  If you need lots of space for your pile of crap, there is a ton of space out there, so it wasn't necessary to take spots for an ugly orange truck.

I swore I was going to retire this sentence but . . .

People piss me off.

No comments: