Monday, May 10, 2004

Okay people, I have a question!

Why would I ever want to answer the phone when it comes up with no name, or no number? Honestly, why!?!

It boils to this. If you're hiding your name from me, by getting your number unlisted, or whatever it is you have to do to not show up on name/number display, then you obviously have a reason for wanting to hide that. Odds are, the reason you wanna hide that, is because the info will likely make me not want to answer the phone. (the most glaring example being, a telemarketer) So then why do it?

Maybe I'm atypical for people, with respect to their telephone. Personally, I hate the phone. I'm getting better with it, as a business tool. I know I need to talk to people, and the phone is efficient. I still don't like it. But at home? You can forget me answering the telephone if I can't know ahead of time who you are. No blocking! If you're someone I know, I will talk to you. But telemarketers, surveyers, sales people, and any other annoying idiot in the world, you can forget reaching me. I answer my phone MAYBE once a month. I'd scrap it entirely but I need it to get high speed internet.

No comments: