Monday, June 28, 2004

Did you all do your civic duty today?

I don't vote everytime. When I first got the right, I made a point of exercising it. It was new for me, and I had an opinion or two that I wanted to convey, so I voted. Its not hard at all, and we really should do it, so maybe things get done the way we'd most like to see them done. The party system we employ in our democracy is not fail-proof. But if we all vote, then the group that wins, should be the choice of the most people.

It is easy to do. The people running the show do everything. All you have to do is provide proof of identity and make an X in a box. How much easier would it need to be? I'm glad I did it. I feel a twinge of something, although I am not sure of what. Hopefully the party I voted for wins. I think they're imperfect, but our best hope, given the circumstances.

Get out and vote! Its easy, takes almost no time, and its a worthwhile thing to do. As the lame TV commercial spouts, speak when everyone is listening.

No comments: