Wednesday, January 19, 2005

I have found heaven. Remarkably enough, it was in a chicken sandwich.

There is a hidden gem for you to enjoy, should any of my varied readership feel inclined to go slumming, and visit me in Watson. And that jewel is called The Quick Stop. Cliche I know, given the fame (or is it infamy) of the location called The Quick Stop. While different from that popularly known icon, the Quick Stop located in Watson will provide you with a culinary joy that is not often beheld.

Its the food. God damn is it the food! I have used this space before, to speak of the quality to be found in the bacon cheese burger available at my favorite Watson eatery. The burger and fries combination is beyond reproach. I've bought one a week, for a series of weeks that stretch back to last summer. I can't ever seem to get enough.

Which is not entirely true. Burgers on Monday and Tuesday gave way to the feeling of branching off in a different direction today. So I went in and inquired about what they had on the menu for chicken. They rattled off some suggestions but we ended up at a chicken sub.

I try not to exercise hyperbole that often, but in this instance its completely warranted. The chicken sandwich was bordering on orgasmic. Which is saying quite a bit, because I get chicken sandwiches at Subway a lot, and those are always stellar. This one today however, was another set of exponential degrees above Subway. It was fulfilling on more levels than I knew food could achieve.

This is my pledge. My promise to the world is to share the splendor of The Quick Stop. This can not remain a gem, hidden among a bag of sand, that represents the culinary landscape of Saskatchewan. If you are anywhere near Watson, on your travels here, there and everywhere, then treat yourself with lunch at The Quick Stop. Believe me, it will prove worth your detour.

No comments: