Saturday, August 04, 2012

Leaning Dogs (2012-08-04)


I hope I can tell this right.  I didn't really see the moment coming, and it didn't last long enough that I could take out the camera that I had with me.  I wish I had, or could have, become the moment was priceless.

I was riding back home from the park building.  I was only about 100 meters north of the building and parking lot.  I was gaining on a girl riding a bike as her dog ran at her side.  Coming towards both of us was a blonde guy with his white dog on a short leash.

I slowed up because there wasn't going to be a clear path that avoided both of them.  I was studying the logistics of everything more than watching either one of the two people in front of me.  As I'm surveying the situation, the two dogs seemed to realize, seemingly at the exact same moment, that there was another DOG on the path with them.

This moment was priceless.  The girl on the bike was nearly jerked off her seat by her dog, as it pulled to the left.  The blonde guy clearly tightened up his grip on the leash of his dog, as it jerked to its left toward the other dog.

The two dog owners slowly drifted passed each other.  Each human gripped tightly on the leash, as their pet straining achingly to get the other dog.  And from my vantage point behind this, all I could pay attention to was these two dogs leaning at about 30 degree angles, heads to the left of their feet, as they yanked on that leash with all their might to get at the other dog.

No comments: