Saturday, May 29, 2004

Okay, I'm sitting here watching the Stanlet Cup Finals, and I've got a damn question!!

They just did the national anthems. I'm watching my TV, and this girl comes on the ice for the anthems, in a red, Calgary Flames jersey. Much like the other 18,000 people in the building, who all appear to be wearing Calgary Flames home jerseys. CBC does the obligatory (but in this case necessary) graphic with the singer's name.

Who in the HELL is Heather Liscano!?!

They go on, and on, and ON about how its been 10 years. Which is true, and a heart-wrenching crime. But, I do have to ask the following question. If its been TEN YEARS sinec a Canadian team has been in the Stanley Cup Finals, then WHY can't they bring in a big name celebrity to since the anthem? Its the Stanley Cup Final, for Christ sake! Where's the Shania Twain, Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morrissette, and so on. God, Jann Arden is from Calgary!!! She can't possibly be so busy that they couldn't bring her in. (However, now that I think it, didn't she butcher the anthem a series or two ago?) Just make a damn effort! Please!?!


No comments: