Tuesday, May 18, 2004

One more day of tribulations.

My #1 technician turned in his hat this morning. Well, he won't officially be gone until June 11. Thank god for that much. He will stay on long enough to get Maple Creek complete, to the stage of mechanical completion. There is other stuff to be installed, connected, and made work. Most of this being process instrumentation and devices not critical to installation. Still, my #1 guy will be out of the company, before we go to turn the switch on.

I can't fault him for trying to get a step up in life. He's moving on to a government position which, with his hands-on experience, should turn into a significant raise. However, this leaves me with the problem of, more work than staff. We were just trying to get a new technician trained, so we'd have three field agents instead of two. Now, instead of that, I have one trained technician, and an apprentice that is of little use to me yet. The strain is going to be significant for the next little while. The situation I was bemoaning a few weeks ago, where we had no projects, is now a sense of relief, as we're too committed for what we have on the go now.

Sorry for such a boring blog entry from my life. The staffing question has been plaguing me all day today, and thus weighing heavily on my mind. I thank you for listening. Toodles!

No comments: