Thursday, July 22, 2004

Grant's Restaurant Review:

I'm not much of one for restaurant eating. Due to my lack of social grace, it is not often that I have a companion who could go with me on a restuarant excursion. Or perhaps it is not a lack of social grace that causes my situation, but perhaps only a lack of courage. One way or the other, I don't fine dine very regularly.

Thus I find myself doing the fast food thing, more often than not. When I'm 'on the road' the easiest thing to do is get fast-food or take-out an camp out in the hotel room. Plus, when you're on the road you know you'll be alone, so fast food is the least lonely choice.

You gotta stay away from the burgers though. At least I do. Enough of that kind of food, and my stomach wages an all out civil war with me. Its not pretty. I try to mix it up, to confuse and befuddle my meddlesome purge reaction. A pizza, a sub, maybe a hamburger. Taco Bell when I can find it. The Subway sandwich (thank you Christiane and Melissa) has become a leading contender for my food purchasing dollar. I like that option. Its not grease, which aids in my digestion, and retention of the consumed food.

I don't often have restuarant food in Watson. Truthfully, I just don't trust it. All the places offering food in this town are not providing the visual cues I need to feel comfortable about making that food choice. In a word, they look 'ratty'. Especially the Quick Stop. It is this little dump of a building, directly across the street from the office. I look at it a thousand a day out my office window. I've been spending some long hours in the office this week and at the end of the effort, I'm not enthusiastic about going home and trying to find something appealing in the fridge. My bigger problem is, I'm working 10-12 hours a day, and the only thing I do that could be described as 'fun' is eating. Something out of the freezer, put in the microwave, does not stimulate my fun button.

So, I've been getting take-out from the Quick Stop. Now, the name of this establishment will trigger some smiles in those of my readers that are well versed in the lore of Jay and Silent Bob. (hi Sean) This Quick Stop is nothing like that Quick Stop. However, distinguishable about the Watson Quick Stop is the general run-down nature of the building. It looks like a greasy shack. It doesn't inspire confidence. But, my dad and I tried it, when he came to Watson to golf with me, and I have to say that it was pretty good. I kept that in mind as I wandered in there a couple times this week.

The burgers are phenomenal. I can't say enough good things about the cow sandwich. The fries may have had a bit too much seasoning salt on them. This made them tangy, which isn't bad, but seemed a little over the top. The burgers were top notch though. I would definitely recommend them. So, should the Gamefest Crew ever return to Watson, I think we should all give the Quick Stop a try, and we can compare notes.

So, this was a long entry about nothing. Sorry about that. I'm feeling social tonight, and there's no one on MSN. So I'll chat with my blog. Thanks for listening!!

Toodles!

No comments: