Friday, July 30, 2004

There is something that will always, without fail, piss me off.

What is wrong with some people?

I'm driving from Watson to Regina this evening. It is a boring, almost completely straight road. However, there is just enough, up and down, with hills and dips that you frequently lose sight distance. It is a difficult road to pass safely on.

Now under ordinary circumstances, this doesn't matter. Its a rarely used road, relatively speaking, and its infrequent that I've ever noticed significant traffic. Thus you can set your cruise at a comfortable pace, and just settle in for a two hour drive.

But then there's Mister Wizard. The stupid-ass monkey butt that's just gotta go 200 miles per hour in his Chevy Malibu. And he is just so damn important that he's gotta pass me. No one for a hundred miles, I'm not going slow, but this genius just HAS to pass me.

The trouble is, I'm following someone myself. Like I said, its a slow, lazy, boring drive. Hilly terrain making it difficult to pass. So, I adjust my cruise down a couple notches, and just stay behind the car in front of me. But not Mr. Wizard! Going up a hill, the idiot goes around me, but because he's an impatient jack-ass, as he's halfway through his pass, someone crests the hill in the oppposite direction. Pinball Wizard quickly ducks back into the proper lane, and now he's sandwiched himself between me and the person I was following. Keep in mind I'm on cruise, and I've set a comfortable following distance. Dill weed the wonder weevil has now completely screwed that up.

Is it really so damn important that you get to Regina 10 minutes sooner? I mean REALLY! Just slow, and wait until its clear to pass. Don't pull this irritating cowboy crap.

People piss me off. Can someone explain why we're not hunting them for sport?

No comments: