Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I'm watching television this evening. They played a new Dr. Pepper commercial, or at least, one I don't recall seeing before. I have to make an observational comment.

I think its time to retire Reba McEntire. The commercial opens with Leann Rimes driving down the road in a very nice car. I think it was a BMW of some type. Now Leann Rimes is hot. She's twenty-ish, blonde, young fresh looking and sexy. Exactly what will help sell any kind of product.

Then she meets Reba McEntire at a desert gas station. BAD IDEA!!! She looks horrible. The skin on her face is all tight and drawn, giving her a drawn, wax paper like appearance. And the flaming red hair is so obviously fake that its painful. Yeah, age does not diminish the voice, but it has destroyed the image. The time has come for Reba to fade into radio-only moments.


No comments: